Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Ups & Downs...

I am very disappointed with myself! I have been vigorously working out, watching out what I eat, monitor the calories…but the results are very minimal! So now I switch my work out activities, stop weight lifting for a while & increase my cardio from 30mins to an hour. So we’ll see how this turn out to be in couple of months. Dare not check my body fat…last March it was 28%...now???
Our body is so complex, that there is no single formula that you could maintain. Recommendations by others may not necessarily be as effective unto you. Yes, the basic fundamental of exercising plus proportionate eating are key…but it’s not just that I realized. The more I read and try to understand, it become more complicated. It’s not just the calories intake vs calorie burn or is it fat burn…which ever it is. Then it’s not just the food you eat, the amount of food you eat and when you eat it….ayoooo why la so susah????
Then it’s the age thing. You can’t blame post pregnancy anymore. I can’t use that excuses anymore; it’s been 2 years now. Yes there were some positive changes for me. Right after the pregnancy I had to buy myself a new pair of jeans (mind I say Ms Read brand)…can’t even fit into my old pre pregnancy jeans. Then after a watchful diet and visits to the gym, weight wise very few pounds been sheds off but I started to realized the jeans were too loose for me (OK good sign then) – so I was so motivated I increase my work out session. I started to do some more reading…all pump up to go to gym – geared up to sheds off more fats. But it’s not as easy as it seems. There are some UP moments where an hour of work out seems to be too short. But there are times of DOWN moments. That u felt like you are dragging yourself; in your head you seemed to be fighting against the lazy demon in you. You finding excuses but felt too guilty not to…since you’ve got the time.
Now, my mood swing all time low…the last time I hit the gym was 3 days ago and I have not compensate that with the “after work jog” at the Cyberjaya lake (ah! It’s been raining almost all afternoon excuse). I still watch out my food though…surely that doesn’t really help much. Need to sweat, need to burn fat, need to build muscle, need to trim down, need to tone, Need to drive my motivation back again…Need the nice BBQ ribs…and chocolate shake and mud pie…eh…what happen???

1 comment:

  1. Simple formula... eat regularly,never skipped meal, because when u stop eating, your BMR slow down & burn less fat. Problem is when u start eating normally, u tend to put on weight. Cardio is the key. Once the weight down, then u build up the muscle with weight lifting. Y r right, concentrate on cardio first.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete