Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quiet time


I cherish my quiet time. The fact that my life all this while is far from being quiet. I have a loud family, I love loud friends...it represent honesty and history you have with them. And when my siblings plus my parents are at our dinner table we talked about anything & everything...loudly. From far bystander would probably think we were all arguing or having some serious debate!!
I am myself considered to be loud (I hope in a good way). And I love it!

When I came for a job interview to the Cyberjaya office, the 2 interviewers asked me "Do I have any questions?"...I simply ask "Why is the office here is too quiet?"...jokingly ofcourse! I'm not quiet sure whether they get my joke, they'd probably think I was being rude. But they hired me anyway. :)

As years passed, I realized my personality took a bit of a twist...oh I'm still loud though but, I hold back some thoughts. Gone those time that sometimes my words gets ahead from my head. I quickly recap my thoughts first and carefully rephrase them and use the proper tones to ensure that it reflects well. My loudness were at time perceived as being impatient & intrusive. Too quick to assume a judgement, too swift to pass a remark and sometime too early to bystand a defence. I guess this is what you call maturity, it comes with self realisation of years that passed you by and the learnings you get from mistakes you have made; intentionally or not.

Do you realized that matured people tend to listen more before giving an opinion? They tend to nod more; not a gesture of agreement but clearly to acknowldege some sort of understanding, or even perhaps a gesture that they are listening.

I hope in years, I grow wiser and more matured in making my life decisions. I still love the loudeness, to me...it brings out the life in me; but once in a while when you have quiet time for yourself (such as now) to do some thinking & self reflections; should be good too. It feed your soul in embracing maturity.

2 comments:

  1. 1.42 am... better be a quiet time. children all asleep. Anyway, loud family are fun family. Better still, we tend to not speak behind each other and we are supportive, always shouting in support of the other. We can't be quiet even if we want to... we all have naturally big voice box. Tx to Ibu's gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. saya rasa kalau kak aida jadi pendiam..there must be something wrong somewhere la tuh... just be yourself..

    ReplyDelete